Have ever wondered why your muscles stopped growing after a few months of training even though you are training very hard?
Here are 7 reasons why:
• You are training too hard – Every time when you train your muscles intensely, you are actually breaking down your muscles. Your muscles need to recover from the damages you inflicted on them. Recovery is the key.
• You are training too long – Keep your workout intense but do not workout more than an hour each time. After 45 minutes of intensive training, your cortisol level will increase. This hormone is known to destroy muscle cells.
• You are sleeping too little – You need to sleep more for good muscle growth. Your muscles grow when you sleep. Sleep at least 7-8 hours a day and watch what happens.
• You are abusing alcohol – Alcohol is known to break down muscle mass plus many other body destruction ability.
• You do not change your workout routine – You must change your workout routine every 6-8 weeks. Your muscles adapt to your routine and stop growing.
• You do not progressively overload your muscles – You must try to increase your reps or weight every time you train a particular muscle group. There are actually 11 different ways to change some things up when it comes to Progressive Overload. See Article on Progressive Overload.
• You do not eat sufficient protein – If you want to build bigger muscles, you must eat more protein. Protein is the building block for your muscles. It is recommended that you need 1 gram of protein per pound of your body weight. Don’t expect much growth until you do this.
There you are, 7 reasons why your muscles stopped growing even though you are training hard. There are many more methods on how to grow your muscles bigger but these 7 reasons and how to overcome them will be sufficient for anyone looking to get stronger and add a little muscle to their frame.